Kids Camping Guide | North Carolina
Top 10 Things for Kids to Do in North Carolina | North Carolina Beaches, Mountains, Waterfalls, History & Forests.
Kids Guide to North Carolina
Top 10 Things for Kids to Do in North Carolina
North Carolina is a state filled with exciting attractions. Kids will find all sorts of places to visit, explore and recreation to try. The state has sandy beaches, forests, mountains and more. Here are a few of the places and activities that children of all ages shouldn't miss.
- Go for a ride on the Great Smoky mountains Railroad and experience the nature of the area and the train routes
- Look for shells along the sandy beaches of the Outer Banks
- See the 90 foot waterfalls at the Cliffs of the Neuse State Park
- Take a primitive camping trip at the Cape Lookout National Seashore
- Visit the Wright Brothers National Monument to see reproductions of the 1902 and 1903 Glider and Flyer, as well as learn about the Wright Brothers accomplishments
- Vacation at the Biltmore Estate over the Easter holiday and enjoy the annual grand Easter Egg hunt
- Watch a Civil War reenactment at Fort Macon State Park
- Enjoy a tour of the McGuire Nuclear Site while visiting the Energy Explorium, and learn all about electricity generations
- Go surfing at Cape Hatteras
- Look for carnivorous plants while hiking in the Croatan National Forest