Kids Camping Guide | South Carolina
Top 10 Things for Kids to Do in South Carolina | South Carolina Beaches, Mountains, Waterfalls, History & Forests.
Kids Guide to South Carolina
Top 10 Things for Kids to Do in South Carolina
The state of South Carolina is filled with excellent kid-friendly activities and destinations. There are interesting historic sites, places to explore nature, beaches and much more. Here are a few of the attractions and activities that children should be sure to try out while in the state.
- Spend a day hiking in Congaree National Park
- Visit Fort Sumter, the site of the first shots of the Civil War, to learn about the history of the war
- Enjoy all of the spring and summer fun of Myrtle Beach, from walking on the sandy beach to windsurfing and more
- Go on a tour of the historic Hampton Plantation
- Learn about South Carolina's history at the Old Slave Mart Museum in Charleston
- Go mini golfing at Myrtle Island, the "Miniature Golf Capital of the world"
- Try some Gullah okra gumbo, learn about Gullah culture and attend a Gullah festival
- See the salt marsh creeks while riding the ferry at the Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge
- Relax and explore the white sand beaches and dunes of Pawleys Island
- Visit the Raven Cliff Falls, which drop an amazing 400 feet in Caesars Head State Park